If you connect the IBM Sametime meeting oder advanced server from the IBM Notes client (plug-in) through secure connection (SSL) …
… you will get a cross certificate warning within the Notes client.
To prevent this annoying dialog within the IBM Notes client you can push this x-certs to all IBM Notes client through the IBM Domino policy.
- Configure a secure (SSL) connection from your IBM Notes client (administrator) to the IBM Sametime meeting (or advanced) server
- After you connect the first time to the IBM Sametime meeting server you should get a cross-certificate window
! DO NOT automatically accept it.
You need to change the fields to save the cross-certificate to your central domino address book (names.nsf).
NOTE: If you do not get the cross-certificate window, please check your local address book for already accepted x-certs and delete the concerning document.
- In the field „certifier“ select your IBM Domino organization id (e.g. /edcom/de)
In the field „server“ select your IBM Domino administration server (could be any other Domino server who helds the names.nsf)
In the field „subject name“ select either the Sametime Meeting Server certificate or the „trusted root“ authority
- Click „cross certify“ to save the cross-certificate between IBM Domino organization <> Sametime server „trusted root“ into your central IBM domino directory (names.nsf)
- Create or edit an IBM Domino policy – security setting document and switch to
>> tab „keys and certificate“ >> section „administrative trust defaults“ and press the button „Update Links“ …
… and select the cross-certificate you created before
- After the next login from the IBM Notes client, the cross-certificate from the IBM Domino policy security document was saved to the local address book in the view certificates
BTW – you could also use this documentation to push x-certs between DomOrg <> DomOrg to IBM Notes clients
IBM announced IBM Sametime 9.0.1 in May this year (=>http://blog.novaknet.de/?p=2451).
This week i tried to renew my test environment – so i make a complete new installation starting with 9.0.1 Version.
So i started the installation, i did 100 times before
- Install IBM DB2 10.5.7
- Install Installation Mangager 126.96.36.199+
- Install Websphere 8.5.5 + Fixpack 8
- Create SSC Database
- Install Sametime System Console 9.0.1
Installation was finished, but i got error messages that the SystemConsole could not register itself and i had to manually create missing tables in the System Console database with the db2-script createSchedTable.dll.
There is also a document concerning this script on the IBM Sametime wiki => Wiki: Setting the SSC db manually
So i created the table manually and tried to register SSC itself, but the Sametime Portlet gets an error („CWLAA6003: portlet could not load“).
So i thought i did a mistake and tried this again and again (on different OS) but i get every time the same error.
Then i tried to install the last Sametime System Console version 9.0 from feb., 2015 (poodle patch) and this version was installed successfully (w/o errors).
A deep analysis of the 9.0.1 SSC installation i found out, that the db-script (createSchedTable) was missing in the SSC installation script and therefore this is the problem… I think IBM has to correct the software, but i found a workaround for new installations
- Workaround 1: Create SSC database, manually start the db2-script createSchedTable.dll, install SSC 9.0.1
- Workaround 2: Create SSC database, Install SSC 9.0 (188.8.131.5241222_0413 – AGAR-9RHDHN), Update to SSC 9.0.1
Note: I get the same error with the latest SSC 9.0.x hotfix from april 2016 on the IBM fixcentral side (184.108.40.20660321_0851 – Fix: AGAR-A95S8V)
Here is how you manually start the db2-script
- open DB2 command line (db2cmd)
- db2cmd > db2 connect to STSC
- db2cmd > db2 -tf \install\SametimeSystemConsole\DatabaseScripts\SystemConsole\createSchedTable.dll